mobile_menu_title
By browsing this site, you agree to the use of cookies. Click here for more details
Receive our latest news and offers by email
Newsletter
Anglais
|
|
|
|
|

Secure payment
3D secure

Delivery in 72 hours
Sending with tracking

Customer service
(+33)2 44 51 00 13

Home > French coins (470 à 2002) > Modern coins (1789 to 2002) > France 1/2 Franc Louis-Philippe I - 1834 A Paris - Silver

Coin France 1/2 Franc Louis-Philippe I - 1834 A Paris - Silver

Ref. : NCP670
Product type
Coin
Date/Year
Catalog
Monnaies Françaises (Gad) 408
Secondary catalog
Word coins (KM.) 741
Country
France
Quality
VF
Face value
1/2 franc
Personality
Louis-Philippe Ier
Workshop
Paris (A)
Diameter (mm)
Poids
Tirage
Titrage
Metals
Silver (900%)
Eco-part
including environmental tax :
disponibilites
veuillez_choisir_produit_pour_consulter_disponibilites
Sold by :
Minimum order quantity :
Add to basket
Add to basket
Sold
Add to basket
A total of ,
article_benificier_point Point(s)

Secure payment
3D secure

Delivery in 72 hours
Sending with tracking

Payment in 3 installments
Free of charge

Payment by
immediate tranfer

Description

Louis-Philippe I, born on October 6, 1773, and died on August 26, 1850, was a member of the House of Orléans and a King of France. He ruled under the title of "King of the French" rather than "King of France," in part to signify a break from the absolute monarchy of the Ancien Régime and to symbolize a constitutional and parliamentary government.

Here are some key points about the life and reign of Louis-Philippe I:

1. The French Revolution: Louis-Philippe was born in Paris during the French Revolution. He was the son of Philippe Égalité, a member of the Orleans royal family who had supported the Revolution. During the Revolution, he went into exile and returned to France after the fall of Napoleon Bonaparte.

2. July Monarchy: Louis-Philippe's reign is often referred to as the "July Monarchy" due to the 1830 revolution that brought him to power. This revolution ended the brief monarchy of Charles X (from the Bourbon family) and led to the accession of Louis-Philippe, who was then known as the "King of the French" rather than the "King of France."

3. Constitutional Government: Louis-Philippe ruled within the framework of a constitutional monarchy, where royal power was limited by a constitution and a parliament. His reign was associated with a period of relative political and economic stability in France.

4. The Charter of 1830: Louis-Philippe ruled under the Constitutional Charter of 1830, which established a parliamentary system and guaranteed certain civil liberties.

5. Abdication and the Revolution of 1848: His reign came to an end in 1848 during the February Revolution, marked by unrest and demands for political reforms. Louis-Philippe abdicated in favor of his grandson and went into exile in England, where he died in 1850.

6. Legacy: Louis-Philippe is often considered the last king of France, as he was the last monarch to rule before the advent of the Second French Republic in 1848. His reign was also marked by persistent tension between monarchists and republicans, contributing to political instability in France at the time.

The reign of Louis-Philippe I is an important chapter in the history of France as it marked the transition from absolute monarchy to a form of constitutional monarchy and was followed by the proclamation of the Second French Republic in 1848.

900 Silver
Ø 18.00mm, Weight 2.50g
Gad .408.., KM. 408, VF
Louis-Philippe Ier (1773-1850), Roi des français (1830-1848)
France
Paris

Similar products

Secure payment
3D secure

Delivery in 72 hours
sending with tracking

Payment in 3 installments
Free of charge

Payment by immediate
transfer

Subscribe to our newsletter to take advantage of our offers